Some people are passionate about fantasy football. Others are passionate about plants. Us? We’re passionate about outdoor power equipment.
Weed eaters are no exception! Whether you call them weed wackers, weed eaters or something else, they benefit your lawn-care routine, or lawn-care business, tremendously. Here are four worth considering:
A great option for both lawn service professionals and home landscapers, this efficient weed trimmer features a powerful engine, straight shaft and cordless, gas-powered design. Durably designed, it’s built to last even when used daily and is affordable when compared to other high-quality options. Here are specs from the manufacturer:
- Power source: Gas
- Weight: 10.6 lbs.
- Cutting width: 16.5 in.
- Engine power: 1.2 bhp
- Fuel capacity: 11.5 oz.
- Displacement: 1.66 cu. in.
One of the highest-rated weed trimmer options from ECHO, the SRM-2620 stands out with its low weight and high horsepower. The former helps with longer tasks and is ideal for bigger yards and the extra power can handle the toughest of jobs. Here are specs from the manufacturer:
- Engine Displacement (cc): 25.4
- Carburetor: Rotary
- Drive Shaft: 4-Layer Cable
- Shaft Type: Straight
- Shaft Length (in): 59
- Starting System: Standard
- Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.): 20.6
- Dry Weight (lbs) 1: 12.3
- Dry Weight (lbs) 2: 11.7
- Nylon Line (in dia): .095 Black Diamond™
- Cutting Swath (in): 17
Easy to use and change modes, the PowerPlex is available in several different models, each well-equipped to handle tough weed-eating tasks. Choose a power option that meets your needs and prepare to watch the weeds and thick brush disappear before your eyes. Here are specs from the manufacturer:
- Battery Power:
- T90 Battery* (Model 88540 – Included)
- 40-Volt Max, 2.5 Amp-Hour, 90 Watt-Hour
- T180 Battery* (Model 88541 – Compatible)
- 40-Volt Max, 5.0 Amp-Hour, 180 Watt-HourCharger
- Quick Charger (Model 88542): fully charges in 60 minutes
- Cutting Width: 13″ (33.02 cm)
- Handle Design: Adjustable Assist HandleLine Feed
- AutoLine Type: Single (.08”) (2.03 mm)
- Weight: 8.4 lbs (3.8 kg) with battery / 6.2 lbs (2.8 kg) without battery
If you’re looking for a higher-end weed trimmer, Honda delivers. As with most Honda products, you can count on durability and a long lifespan. It’s powerful, but with excellent fuel efficiency and is overall a great return on your investment. Here are specs from the manufacturer:
- Engine: GX35
- Displacement: 2.18 cu. in. (35.8cc)
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (86 Octane or higher)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 22.0 fl oz.
- Carburetor: Diaphragm Type w/Fuel Pump
- Idle Speed: 3,100 +/- 200 rpm
- Max.: (no load) RPM10,000 rpm (without cutting head)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 73.8 in. x 12.8 in. x 10.2 in.
- Dry Weight: 14.8 lb. (w/o head) 15.5 lb (with head)
- Engine Stop Switch: Slide Type Switch
- Throttle control: Two Motion Trigger
- Main Pipe Diameter: 1.0 in. (25.4mm)
- Main Pipe Thickness: .06 in. (Aluminum)
- Drive Shaft: Flexible Steel Cable
- Shaft Support: Nylon Support Sleeve
- Gear Ratio: 1.235
- Handle: Loop Type
- Cutting Head: Semi-matic Feed-Nylon
- Line Type: Ultra Quiet
- Cutting Width: 17″
- Single Harness: Standard
To find the best weed eater for your needs, contact one of the team members at Classic Turf Equipment today or stop by to see us in our Arlington or Mansfield locations.