“To be, or not to be?” Shakespear may have wondered about what it means to exist, but we’re more concerned about outdoor power equipment. Specifically, we’re here to answer questions like, “is repairing or replacing the best option?”
The answer depends on the specific type of outdoor power equipment you’re talking about, as well as a few other factors. Let’s take a closer look.
Advantages of Repairing Outdoor Power Equipment
Before considering a repair of outdoor power equipment like lawn mowers, weed eaters and so forth, determine whether the tool is actually repairable. While small engine repair is an option, if a main component like the engine, hydraulics or body is faulty, you may have no economical option but replacement. But a less-important component could be repaired easily or ignored.
That being said, there are a few advantages that come with repairing outdoor power equipment:
- Cost savings: you don’t have to pay for a new one.
- Little or no delay: there is no waiting for shipping or inventory.
- Convenience: you don’t have to order or learn how to use a new model.
Advantages of Replacing Outdoor Power Equipment
If you do have a choice to repair or replace your outdoor power equipment, you still might choose to replace, which has its own set of benefits. Here are a few of them:
- Predictable costs: there is a big investment, but you likely won’t have to keep bringing in the equipment for repairs any time soon.
- Warranty: these come standard from most manufacturers (and offered by many retailers as well).
- New features: if your equipment is old, a newer model may have amazing features and specifications you didn’t know about.
- Age: you get a brand-new piece of equipment when you replace instead of repair. This means you can count on using it for years, instead of the unpredictability that comes with repairing a tool that has already had many hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of use.
Making the Right Decision
Outdoor power equipment specialists can help you choose the outdoor power equipment option that’s right for you. You’ll be able to discuss what the problem is with the equipment, how often you use it, compare replacement and repair costs and gauge its overall quality. Experts have encountered all sorts of scenarios and situations and will point you in the right direction.
For the best outdoor power equipment sales, repairs and other services, trust the team at Classic Turf Equipment. Stop by one of our locations in Arlington or Mansfield or contact us online today.